top of page
first e-bike rental shop in glacier
other important info
- BOOK EARLY DURING THE SPRING SEASON -
- FREE CANCELLATION 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE -
- BRANDS: SKY ECO BIKES, TREK -
- 7 LEVELS OF PEDAL ASSIST -
- HYDRAULIC BRAKES & SUSPENSION -
- RANGE: 35-50 MILES -
- MINIMUM HEIGHT TO RIDE 5.2 FT -
- CHILD BIKE CARRIERS AVAILABLE -
- CARGO CARRIERS AVAILABLE -
- HELMETS INCLUDED -
BEFORE YOU RESERVE OUR E-BIKES
1. GOING TO THE SUN ROAD
During the spring season (May-June) - while the road is closed for cars - you can transport the bikes to Avalanche campground or to Lake McDonald Lodge and ride on Going to the Sun Road from there. Our e-bikes have sufficient range to cover the distance from Avalanche to Logan Pass and back, BUT IT WILL NOT BE ENOUGH BATTERY TO RIDE FROM THE STORE. There are 37.4 miles from our store to Logan Pass, so about 74.8 miles round trip.
HERE ARE THE OPTIONS for transporting e-bikes to Avalanche Campground or Lake MacDonald Lodge
A. TO TRANSPORT THE BIKES YOURSELF YOU WILL NEED:
1. AN OPEN PICKUP TRUCK - (we can fit up to 4 bikes)
2. LARGE VAN OR RV - all bikes should be able to fit standing up
3. Car or SUV with a 2 INCH HITCH RECEIVER - we have the racks
4. GOING TO THE SUN ROAD VEHICLE RESERVATION TICKET
(the ticket needs to be valid for the day of entry and you can obtain it on recreation.gov 24 hours before your projected entry into the Park starting at 8:00 a.m. Mountain. These tickets are released on a FIRST COME / FIRST SERVE basis and they are usually booking fast)
B. WE CAN TRANSPORT UP TO 4 PEOPLE AND BIKES
- A SKY ECO - GTSR E-BIKE SHUTTLE PACKAGE -
(no vehicle reservation ticket required)
After the road opens for cars (usually in the end of June or beginning of July) e-bikes are not allowed on Going to the Sun Road between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and we do not recommend it to anyone. For more information about biking restrictions and safety regulations visit the Glacier National Park WEBSITE.
C. YOU CAN USE A THIRD PARTY SHUTTLE
2. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU RIDE?
You can ride from our store, there is a bike path across the street that will take you directly into Glacier National Park, it's about 6 miles to the West Entrance. From there you can take the bike path to Apgar Village, Fish Creek and Lake McDonald and even on the Inside North Fork Road from Fish Creek. There are also multiple options in the area where you can ride an e-bike outside the Park. Our staff will be able to provide you with suggestions and directions. You can find more information and maps on our SKY ECO EXPERIENCES page.
bottom of page